Written by: Anya Powers of Sissily Designs
According to the 2021 Real Weddings Study, 80% of all weddings took place between May and October. Summer is the most popular season for weddings. Although we all love the beautiful sunshine and warmth on our wedding day, would you consider a less busy, less humid, and less expensive alternative? Would you consider having your dream day in fall or even winter?
Here are 10 reasons why you should have your wedding in winter or fall:
Photographer: Alicia King Photography | Bridesmaids Fur: Lilian Cha03
- It is much less busy and more affordable. Since 80% of weddings take place in spring and summer, you will have a better chance of booking the venue you desire at a much lower price! In addition to benefiting from off-season prices, winter is generally a less busy season for weddings. This means you are more likely to receive greater care and attention from your vendors. You will also have a higher chance of securing your top choices for most vendors and a more complete guest list, with a reduced risk of your guests attending other weddings or going on holidays. (Ref: Social & Personal Weddings)
Photographer: Cassandra Vagher | Bridal Fur: Blair Blu02
- Winter weather is more reliable. We are all aware that we experience a lot of rain during summer and spring. It's difficult to fully trust the weather forecast during those seasons. However, for a winter wedding, there is generally less rainfall to worry about. If you're fortunate, you might even get a beautiful snowfall, which adds an extra touch of fun and romance to your special day!
Photographer：Caroline Frereault Photographe | Bridesmaids Fur: Lilian LBRW03
- Winter and fall weddings have a more festive atmosphere. The colors are warm and rich. With the upcoming holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year, most people are in a joyful holiday mood. This gives you more opportunities to incorporate the holiday season into your wedding decorations. Imagine using beautiful candle lights, faux snowflakes, and warm golden harvest decorations. Your wedding will have a unique and distinct theme, creating a memorable experience for your guests.
Photographer: Jessa Schifilliti | Bridesmaids Fur: Penelope Wht01
- Stunning Wedding Photography. Let's be honest, we've seen plenty of gorgeous wedding pictures with blue skies and sunshine. Wouldn't you like something more distinctive and uncommon? With the softer winter sunlight, your photographer can capture truly unique wedding photos. And let's not forget, fall and winter have their own inherent beauty, just like summer and spring. Winter, in particular, offers a magical appeal, like being a snow princess. You'll look exceptionally beautiful amidst the white, pure snowy backdrop.
Photographer: Elopetelluride | Bridal Fur: Butterfly Blu02
- Unique Wedding Look and Creative Bouquets. Winter provides an opportunity for your florist to unleash their creativity and think outside the box, incorporating more natural elements. Imagine painted greenery, feathers, pinecones, berries, or even vegetables. Your floral arrangements can break free from the conventional styles seen in spring and summer weddings. Additionally, if you prefer a bouquet with summer flowers, the possibilities are endless when it comes to selecting a winter wedding bouquet. The sky is the limit!
(Ref: Green Wedding Shoes)
Photographer: Devoted and Wild | Bridesmaid Fur: Lilian Blu02
- Cheaper Travel and Accommodations. Travel and hotel costs are typically higher during the summer when schools are out and families go on vacation. Winter weddings offer guests the opportunity to benefit from off-season pricing for travel and accommodations. It's a win-win situation for everyone involved.(Ref: Brides)
Photography: Valley of Wonder & Melissa Stimpson | Bridesmaid Fur: Lilian Blu02
- Cozy holiday drinks and food. Raise your hand if you're a foodie! Everyone loves indulging in some comforting holiday food. Hot cocoa, hot apple cider, mulled wine - savor these heartwarming moments with your loved ones. Additionally, people often appreciate food even more in colder weather. The dishes you serve will taste especially delicious during those chilly days. Just imagine everyone gathering together, enjoying hot drinks and a slice of scrumptious pumpkin pie. What a delightful moment it would be!
Photographer: Maggie Hanson Photography | Bridesmaid Fur: Lilian Blu02
- More Honeymoon Choices. Think about the money you could save by having a winter wedding. With the savings, you can go anywhere you desire for your honeymoon! Having a winter wedding doesn't mean you won't be able to enjoy a hot beach honeymoon. There are numerous beautiful beaches around the world that are still pleasantly warm during the winter season. Take Australia, for example. A winter wedding ensures you won't miss out on the weather back home and provides a striking contrast for your sunny honeymoon! (Ref: Green Wedding Shoes)
Photographer: Dawn Thomson Photo | Bridesmaid Fur: Penelope Wht01
- Last but not least, you'll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to wear a fur shawl or wrap! Fur is a girl's best friend, and every girl looks incredibly elegant in fur. You can choose between faux fur or real fur to create a stunning snow princess look that will leave everyone in awe! Fortunately, Sissily Designs, a renowned global faux fur designer, is here to assist you in finding the perfect fur accessory. We have showcased some of our most beautiful winter brides who have adorned our exquisite fur pieces. Contact us if you'd like to find the ideal bridal fur shawl for your special day! We also offer matching options for bridesmaids and flower girls.
Photographer: Small Story Photography - Renee Lamplot | Bridemmaids Fur: Lilian LGRY01